Posted by Alessandro Rizzo on 15 February 2017 09:47 PM

At 21:04 Node4 NOC has reported 10Gbps circuit down within our network, traffic has re-routed around resilient connections.

We are currently in talks with supplier to ascertain the reason for outage.

21:46 – Supplier is aware of the outage we are currently awaiting an update from the carrier.

23:54 – We have had reports from the supplier that there has been a fibre break. They are working to resolve this more updates follow.

01:10 – Our provider has updated us stated that engineers are due on site to the fibre break ETA 03:00am we have no ETA to resolve once they are on site more updates to follow.

03:40 – Our provider have advised that the engineers are now onsite at the fibre break and are working to fix this issue, further updates to follow.

05:20 – Engineers are currently still working to fix the fiber breaks, further updates to follow.

07:35 – Engineers are still working to fix this fiber break. Our provider is unable to provide an ETA for resolution at this time. Further updates to follow.

08:30 – Engineers are still working to fix this fiber break. No ETA as yet. We will update again in an hour.

09:30 – Provider incident Management team and techs are currently on a conference call, we expect an update imminently.

10:26 – Update from provider: – Engineers now need to gain access to a junction chamber located on the corner of a country road in order to continue working on this fiber break. This will require a traffic management team. Traffic management have been contacted and are on route. further updates to follow.

11:26 – Update from provider: –

All prep work is done, joint identified, specialist fibre engineers/OTDR’s etc on site,  still awaiting access to chamber via traffic management.

13:05 – Having chased our provider, we are informed that the status of this fault remains unchanged. Engineers on site are waiting on an emergency permit to work from the local authority. We are actively pursuing an ETA.

14:24 – Update from our providers: Permit and traffic will be in place from 15:00. Engineers are ready to work as soon as access is provided.

We will seek a further update and push for an ETA on fix at 17:00

17:30 – Our provider states that engineers are still on site, continuing to work to splice the fibres. Unfortunately no ETA is yet available on fix.

18:00 – Update from our provider :

The cable has multiple cuts beyond the chamber due to vandalism.

This means we will have to pull in approx. 650 metres of cable and re-splice both ends.

Current ETA for completion is 8 hours ETA approx. 02:00.

22:30 – Update from provider, Cable will be laid and prepped at 00:00. Splicing and testing will commence between 02:00 and 03:00.

02:20 – Update from provider, Cable preparation has been completed as scheduled. Splicing and testing is now taking place. Further updates to follow.

04:00 – Our provider has advised us that all 96 fibers have been successfully spliced, our monitoring is reflecting this as all circuits are up and passing traffic. Engineers are currently carrying our final checks and a further update will follow.

04:30 – Our provider has advised us that all testing has been completed and services have been resumed to normal operation. If you have any queries regarding this outage or have any outstanding issues please get in touch with our service desk at 08451232229.

Comments (0)
Post a new comment
Full Name: